Update: Good people did something.
Did you see this yesterday? If you googled the phrase “what happened to the dinosaurs,” Google served up an answer. That answer was…
Dinosaurs are used more than almost anything else to indoctrinate children and adults in the idea of millions of years of earth history. However, the Bible gives us a framework for explaining dinosaurs in terms of thousands of years of history, including the mystery of when they lived and what happened to them.
How do you defend your efforts to indoctrinate children? Blame someone else for indoctrinating children. I know what you’re thinking… I’m making this up. I wish I was. Here’s a screenshot of the search that I ran yesterday.
So, this might be the first time some of you have run across the anti-evolution folks from Answers in Genesis. So, here’s a primer in the information that they are pushing…
- Dinosaurs, like man, were created on the sixth day and that was 6,000 years ago. It could only have been 6,000 years ago because of the genealogies available in the Bible.
- Dinosaurs couldn’t have died off before man because death and bloodshed only came about because of the sin of Adam & Eve. Before that, there was no death.
- Some dinosaurs died because they didn’t make it on the Ark. Those dinosaurs can now be found in fossils.
- The dinosaurs that did make it on the Ark eventually died out like many other species.
I’ve pulled together a couple more pieces of “evidence” that Answers in Genesis might consider including in their materials.
Like this proof that man and dinosaurs existed at the same time. How bitchin’ is this!?!
Dinosaurs clearly lived long enough to interact with modern technology
Of course, those assertions fly in the face of what science has taught us through years of observation, experimentation and well, SCIENCE!
- The Earth is about 4.5 billion years old. Billion with a “b.” We know this from dating the oldest rocks that we can find in the Earth’s crust, the age of moon rocks and the age of meteorites that were formed at the same time the solar system was born. (Scientific American)
- Records of dinosaurs start in the Triassic period over 225 million years ago. They were the top of the food chain for 135 million years through the Jurassic period until their extinction in the Cretaceous period 65 million years ago. (Dino Directory)
- The most recent theory on the extinction of the dinosaurs is a combination of catastrophic volcanic activity occurring around the planet and a comet or asteroid strike off the coast of Mexico. (Time)
- A recently discovered human jawbone is believed to be one of oldest evidence of people found. It dates back to 2,8 million years ago, about 400,000 years older than previously thought. (BBC)
I admire people of faith. I really do. I just don’t want that faith to make them blind to what the world is trying to tell us.
Fortunately, this time people spoke up and Google discontinued their auto answer. Balance has been restored to the world. At least until Jurassic World comes out and we have to answer this whole people and dinosaurs living at the same time again.